Accounts Receivable-Billing Specialist
- Manages the full customer billing life cycle from invoice creation to payment receipt.
- Manages accounts receivable processing and collections
- Accounts Payable Entry and payment processing
- Prepares timely/accurate invoices to customers working with engineers in accordance with company policy, government regulations, and the requirements of the contract
- Reconciles unbilled balances to ensure timely billing of all amounts due.
- Communicate/Interact with clients and internal staff to ensure timely payment of invoices and resolve discrepancies
- Backup for Accounts Payable Specialist as needed
- Manages the status of customer accounts and balances and identifies inconsistencies.
- Update/maintain accounts receivable database along with reports, spreadsheets and files.
- Prepares thorough reports on billing activity with clear and reliable data.
- Receives, records and posts payments (cash, check, credit card and ACH transactions) to customer accounts and correctly applies them to open invoices, in a timely, accurate manner.
- Validates and records invoice adjustments, including processing refunds when necessary
- Monitors customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities.
- Prepares monthly aging report and follows up on long outstanding balances.
- Maintains and updates customer records in Deltek Vision
- Prepares credit memos and billing adjustments.
- Prepares bank deposits
- Account Reconciliation and Business Metrics Tracking
- Maintains cash receipt journal, updates and reconciles subsidiary ledger to the general ledger
- Conducts collection phone calls to clients and customers to follow up past due accounts.
- Maintains clients and customers billing and account information in an organized manner.
- Supports internal, external customer and executive management requests for information.
- Prepare accurate and timely monthly invoices for FFP, T&M and Cost Reimbursable contracts through Deltek Vision
- Analyze Aged AR for delinquent payments and contact customers
- Assist the controller with various ad-hoc activities and reporting, as required
- Collects and reviews all cost/billing data for appropriate documentation and approval prior to preparing customer invoices
- Reconcile accounts within Deltek accounting system
- Assists in monthly closings
- Performs other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS and EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ Years Billing and/or Accounts Receivable experience with accounting functions
- High school or equivalent is required. Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred
- Detail-oriented with a strong work ethic
- Ability to verify mathematical accuracy of accounting documents
- Ability to multi task between business operations
- Well organized, motivated and ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Ability to handle multiple projects and manage time and workload
- Ability to sort/file accounting documentation
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables, V-Lookups, etc)
- Prior construction industry/civil engineering accounting experience a plus
- Knowledge of Deltek/Vision software
- Experience with billing functions and cash applications. Must have worked in a customer support capacity and comfortable working directly with customers and staff regarding billing, collections and cash applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and be able to work in a fast passed and fluid environment
- Must be focused on task and be able to meet daily and/or week goals and targets
- Detailed and process oriented with an ability to multi-task
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Attention to detail and analytical thinking
- Ben Dyer Associates, Inc. offers competitive salaries and benefits; including group medical insurance, paid time off, holidays, and retirement, and is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Ben Dyer Associates, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
To learn more about Ben Dyer Associates, click here.
Discover How We Can Help You with Your Next Project.
11721 Woodmore Road, Suite 200
Mitchellville, MD 20721
La Plata Office
9375 Chesapeake Street Suite 227
P.O. Box 2727
La Plata, Maryland 20646-2727
301-753-1696 Washington Metro Line
301-753-1827 Washington Metro Fax
Contact Ben Dyer Associates, Inc.