Civil Engineering Technician-Water and Sewer Design
Ben Dyer Associates, Inc., an established, well-respected local civil engineering firm is growing! We are seeking a Civil Engineering Technician with design experience for a position in our Water and Sewer Design Section in our Mitchellville (Bowie), Maryland Office. Applicants must be knowledgable in design of water distribution and local wastewater collection (sanitary sewer) systems associated with land development projects in accordance with Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (WSSC) and District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority (DCWASA) manuals, criteria, and procedures. This position also requires the preparation of as-built water and sewer plans in accordance with agency criteria.
Ideal Candidates will possess the following:
- Associates degree or higher in Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology with 3-5 years design experience; OR a CAD-related degree plus 3-5 years of experience in an industry-related firm
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of water and sewer system design;
- Ability to read and interpret technical standards, specifications, and procedures and apply these concepts to design of water and sewer projects;
- Working knowledge of water and sewer design standards as they relate to a AutoCAD/Civil 3D based design system;
- Ability to manage multiple projects with changing priorities
- Ability to read and understand site sketches/engineering drawings
- Ability to review and complete redlines
- Effective oral and written communication within all levels of company management, fellow employees, clients, and local officials.
- Possess problem solving and organizational skills
- Flexibility and the ability to work in a fluid work environment
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- We are unable to sponsor candidates needing work authorization.
- Familiarity with the water and sewer installation process;
- Prior experience with Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (WSSC) and/or District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority (DCWASA);
- Experience with ProjectDox for electronic project submittals;
- Skill in the use of AutoCAD/Civil3D, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Acrobat Software.
Local Candidates Only Please. No Relocation Assistance is Available.
To learn more about Ben Dyer Associates, Inc., click here.
Discover How We Can Help You with Your Next Project.
11721 Woodmore Road, Suite 200
Mitchellville, MD 20721
La Plata Office
9375 Chesapeake Street Suite 227
P.O. Box 2727
La Plata, Maryland 20646-2727
301-753-1696 Washington Metro Line
301-753-1827 Washington Metro Fax
Contact Ben Dyer Associates, Inc.