Survey CAD Technician | Mitchellville
Location: Mitchellville (Prince George’s County) MD Office
Ben Dyer Associates, Inc. an established, well-respected local civil engineering, planning and surveying firm located in Mitchellville (Prince George’s County) Maryland, is seeking Land Survey CAD Technicians with a minimum of three (3) years of experience. This position is responsible for developing survey construction stakeout and as-built plans and boundary survey drawings in a CAD/CIVIL3D platform; receiving field data and transforming them into working drawings, existing conditions base sheets and finished plats. The Survey CAD Technician will work under the direction of a Project Surveyor.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position is responsible for understanding and completing drawings in accordance with project specifications and various industry survey standards.
- Creating a preliminary and/or final sketch of proposed drawings, using computer-assisted design/drafting equipment.
- Modifying drawings as directed by project manager or project surveyor.
- Work closely with other surveyors and engineers to insure a coordinated design.
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as necessary.
The successful candidate must have at least three (3) years’ experience preferred in civil design or surveying and the following skills:
- Advanced knowledge of AUTOCAD with demonstrated experience using AutoCAD/CIVIL3D-Current Version
- Experience with drawing setup, scale usage, dimensioning, labeling and plotting, and editing of surfaces within a 2D and 3D environment.
- Experience in processing field data collection electronic files.
- Strong work ethic with desire to work in a productive team environment.
- Effective oral and written communication within all levels of company management and fellow employees.
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis, we are unable to sponsor applicants for work authorization.
Ben Dyer Associates, Inc. offers competitive salaries and benefits; including group medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off, holidays, and retirement, and is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Ben Dyer Associates, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Discover How We Can Help You with Your Next Project.
11721 Woodmore Road, Suite 200
Mitchellville, MD 20721
La Plata Office
9375 Chesapeake Street Suite 227
P.O. Box 2727
La Plata, Maryland 20646-2727
301-753-1696 Washington Metro Line
301-753-1827 Washington Metro Fax
Contact Ben Dyer Associates, Inc.