Survey Field Crew Coordinator/Supervisor
Ben Dyer Associates, Inc. an established, well-respected local civil engineering, planning and surveying firm located in Mitchellville (Bowie) Maryland, has an immediate opening for a Survey Field Crew Supervisor with a minimum of five (5) years of field experience in surveying for construction and civil engineering projects. The Survey Field Crew Supervisor schedules and supervises Survey Field Crews responsible for construction, topographic, right-of-way and control survey tasks.
- Assesses requirements of surveys to be undertaken, including the type of survey, the level of accuracy, field procedures to ensure accurate survey results, and the physical extent of the survey to determine survey equipment needed and number and level of staff to be assigned.
- Assigns survey field crews and sets schedule for completion of the work.
- Oversees surveying work and offers input and expertise. Assists in the training of survey crews on how to use surveying equipment and conduct proper mapping.
- Reviews work products of the survey field crews for completeness and accuracy prior to use of the results for in-house design and preparation of as-built documents.
- Reviews and maintains survey records, notes, files, worksheets, and related contract documents.
- Maintains digital files on assigned computer equipment to assure use of correct and current data files.
- Reads and interprets plans and specifications. Executes required survey checks on assigned projects to check the accuracy of the survey personnel’s work and verify measurements prepared by contractors. Verifies that measurements meet quality assurance standards and are within acceptable limits.
- Ensures that all of the proper safety precautions are being taken on the survey site.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned at the discretion of the immediate supervisor.
- Five (5) years of progressive experience associated with field surveying work, including supervision of 2-4 survey crews.
- Experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D for creating stakeout worksheets and field drawings.
- Experience performing construction stakeout using Survey Pro data collection software.
- Understanding of appropriate GPS surveying techniques and equipment.
- Ability to prepare and interpret complex technical, architectural and engineering drawings.
- Specialized knowledge of field surveying with instrumentation and field data collection, sufficient to provide guidance to lower grade technicians.
- Valid driver’s license with driving record acceptable to Company insurance provider
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- We are unable to sponsor candidates needing work authorization.
Ben Dyer Associates, Inc. offers competitive salaries and benefits including group medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time off, holidays, and 401K retirement plan and is an equal opportunity employer.
Discover How We Can Help You with Your Next Project.
11721 Woodmore Road, Suite 200
Mitchellville, MD 20721
La Plata Office
9375 Chesapeake Street Suite 227
P.O. Box 2727
La Plata, Maryland 20646-2727
301-753-1696 Washington Metro Line
301-753-1827 Washington Metro Fax
Contact Ben Dyer Associates, Inc.