AutoCAD/Civil 3D Technician
Location: Mitchellville (Bowie), MD
Ben Dyer Associates, Inc. is growing! We are an established, well-respected local civil engineering, planning and surveying firm with offices in Mitchellville (Prince George’s County) and La Plata (Charles County), Maryland. The positions we are seeking to fill are in our Mitchellville office. We have immediate openings for AutoCAD/Civil 3D Technicians with a minimum of two (2) years of experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D Current Version. This position is responsible for developing engineered construction plans in a AutoCAD/CIVIL3D platform; receiving roughly designed concepts from engineers and transforming them into working documents for civil engineering projects. The AutoCAD Civil 3D Technician will work under the direction of a Project Engineer. The AutoCAD Civil 3D Technician assists the Project Engineer with drafting storm drain and stormwater management facilities, erosion/sediment control structures, environmental site design, and road improvements, including maintenance of traffic, signage, and pavement markings.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position is responsible for understanding and completing drawings in accordance with project specifications.
- Creating a preliminary and/or final sketch of proposed drawings, using computer-assisted design/drafting equipment.
- Modifying drawings as directed by project engineer or design coordinator.
- Work closely with other designers and engineers to insure a coordinated design.
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as necessary.
The successful candidate must have at least two (2) years experience preferred in civil design and the following skills:
- Basic knowledge of AUTOCAD with demonstrated experience using CIVIL3D-Current Version
- Experience with drawing setup, scale usage, dimensioning, labeling and plotting within a 2D and 3D environment.
- Strong work ethic with desire to work in a productive team environment.
- Effective oral and written communication within all levels of company management and fellow employees.
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent full-time basis. We are unable to sponsor a new candidate for this position.
Ben Dyer Associates, Inc. offers competitive salaries and benefits; including group medical, dental and vision, insurance, paid time off, holidays, and retirement, and is an equal opportunity employer.
To learn more about Ben Dyer Associates, Inc., click here.
Discover How We Can Help You with Your Next Project.
11721 Woodmore Road, Suite 200
Mitchellville, MD 20721
La Plata Office
9375 Chesapeake Street Suite 227
P.O. Box 2727
La Plata, Maryland 20646-2727
301-753-1696 Washington Metro Line
301-753-1827 Washington Metro Fax
Contact Ben Dyer Associates, Inc.