Field Engineer / Technician-Construction
Location: Mitchellville Office
We are currently seeking a Field Engineer / Technician to work in our Survey Department.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Inspection of Sediment and Erosion Control, Water and Sewer, Storm Drain, and Stormwater Management facilities to ensure that the work conforms to engineered plans and specifications
- Inspection of site, grading, and landscaping to insure that the work conforms to plans and specifications
- Preparation of written reports documenting above site observations
- Preparation and production of field survey cut sheets for contractor use from engineering drawings and survey data using Microsoft Excel Spreadsheets
- Preparation and production of As-Built drawings for Water & Sewer, Storm Drain, and Stormwater Management facilities using AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Review of Shop (in-house) drawings to ensure conformance with plans and specifications
- Knowledge of the American with Disabilities Act and the ability to perform a site evaluation of the same
- Collection of water samples in the field for lab analysis and completion of Chain of Custody transmittal forms for samples.
- Position consists of approximately 30% of time spent doing observations, data collection and documentation in the field.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering and 3+ years of documented experience in the land development and construction industry OR Associates degree in Civil Engineering / Construction / Survey Technology and documented experience exceeding 5+ years in the land development / construction industry OR 7+ years documented experience in the land development / construction industry
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook
- Demonstrated experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather
- Ability to perform a basic survey using a level/transit
- Ability to open manhole covers up to 150 pounds and ability to climb steps and ladders into and out of manholes
- Valid driver’s license with driving record acceptable to Company insurance provider
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. We are unable to sponsor any candidate for this position.
To learn more about Ben Dyer Associates, click here.
Discover How We Can Help You with Your Next Project.
11721 Woodmore Road, Suite 200
Mitchellville, MD 20721
La Plata Office
9375 Chesapeake Street Suite 227
P.O. Box 2727
La Plata, Maryland 20646-2727
301-753-1696 Washington Metro Line
301-753-1827 Washington Metro Fax
Contact Ben Dyer Associates, Inc.