Ben Dyer Associates, Inc. an established, well-respected local civil engineering, planning and surveying firm located in Mitchellville (Prince George’s County) Maryland, has an immediate opening for an IT/Computer Networking Specialist. We are looking for an ambitious problem solver to fill this role. The IT/Computer Networking Specialist works independently and solely maintains the computer networks of both the Mitchellville and LaPlata offices, providing technical support and ensuring the whole company network and hardware run smoothly. The IT/Computer Networking Specialist monitors and maintains the company computer systems, plotters and printers, installs and configures hardware and software, and solves technical problems. This position will be an all-encompassing IT support role, as well as a planning and implementation role for the future progress and success of Ben Dyer Associates in the ever-changing information technology landscape.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Install, inspect, secure and troubleshoot Ben Dyer Associates, Inc. networked computers.
- Configure software and computer systems, plotters and printers.
- Continuously monitors network health for internal and external threats and oversees the application updates, patches, etc.
- Manage and maintain company network infrastructure (servers) for both office locations.
- Maintain procedures that provide technical support to the entire organization.
- Assembles new systems and implements programs to retire and recycle outdated computer systems.
- Establish accounts for new users and assist with password or login problems.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Researches and solves IT-related problems.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Research and installation of new equipment, including printers and plotters, software, processes, procedures, and technologies that impact Ben Dyer business operations and efficiencies.
- Effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Collaborates with and advises senior management, technical, and administrative staff company-wide
- Proactive, upbeat and collaborative communication style, with the ability to be direct, tactful, and transparent.
- Researches updates, configures, and maintains a Windows-based computer network
- Implement Active Directory and Group Policies to include software deployment, security settings, and application settings.
- Maintain an inventory of all existing computer hardware and software, and lease agreements
- Maintain contact with software and hardware vendors
- Other tasks as directed
- Associates Degree or higher in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field
- Working knowledge on VMWare in an enterprise environment
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, and related operating systems
- 2+ years of experience in a technical support-problem solving role.
- Working knowledge and expertise with a variety of software, hardware, and applications; for example: Networking Monitoring tools Such as Spiceworks or Nagios. Wireshark, Microsoft Office Suite, Symantec Backup Exec, VMWare, VSphere, NMAP (or Zenmap), WSUS, Putty, TeamViewer
- Ability to manage time and effectively prioritize numerous projects at one time.
- A+ Certification is preferred, but not required.
- Experience supporting an engineering/architectural design environment with multiple dependencies
- Must be able to work independently and take direction from senior management.
- IT and technical skills, including CLI
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Team player
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis, we are unable to sponsor applicants for work authorization
Ben Dyer Associates, Inc. offers competitive salaries and benefits; including group medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off, holidays, and retirement, and is an equal opportunity employer. A cover letter, resume, and references should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about Ben Dyer Associates, Inc. click here.
Discover How We Can Help You with Your Next Project.
11721 Woodmore Road, Suite 200
Mitchellville, MD 20721
La Plata Office
9375 Chesapeake Street Suite 227
P.O. Box 2727
La Plata, Maryland 20646-2727
301-753-1696 Washington Metro Line
301-753-1827 Washington Metro Fax
Contact Ben Dyer Associates, Inc.