Land Survey Project Manager
Location: Mitchellville (Prince George’s County) Maryland
Ben Dyer Associates, Inc. an established, well-respected local civil engineering, planning and surveying firm located in Mitchellville (Bowie) Maryland, is seeking a Survey Project Manager with a minimum of five (5) years of fieldwork experience, three (3) years experience with AutoCAD/Civil 3D, and general experience dealing directly with clients and managing projects. The Survey Project Manager will work under the direction of the Director of Surveys.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The ability and knowledge to accurately and efficiently perform the following tasks including, but not limited to:
- As-built Surveys
- Construction Stakeout Surveys
- Topographical Surveys
- Boundary Surveys
- ALTA/NSPS Surveys
- Knowledge and ability to prepare rights-of-way, easement, and dedication documents.
- Knowledge and ability to prepare Record Plats of Subdivisions.
- Proficient operation of Spectra Precision GPS and Robotic Total Station, to include Spectra Field Software.
- Proficient operation of AutoCAD Civil3D (Current Version)
- Knowledge and ability to interpret engineering plans accurately.
- Maintain baseline standards in survey notes, point descriptions, and calculations.
- Prepare clear project task documentation when needed.
- Work directly with the client to ensure scope and deadlines are met, and addressing client needs and concerns.
The successful candidate must have the ability to effectively interact with field crew and office technicians and manage projects and tasks including:
- Providing field documentation to survey crews in anticipation of office needs.
- Provide direction to and follow up with survey crews and CAD Techs in office.
- Maintain project files to include all notes, research, and design documents.
- Assist other departments as necessary to complete work on time and under budget
- Manage deadlines to ensure that a quality product is delivered on time.
The successful Survey Project Manager is also required to have the following capabilities:
- Prepare or direct preparation of client deliverables, ensure QA/QC process has been completed prior to deliverable going to the next level.
- Communicate to manager relative workload and plan work to attempt to balance workload.
- Hold clients in high regard and be ready to assist in finding solutions.
- After introductory period, grow to be able to gauge relative level of effort for projects, evaluate the efficiency of field/office practices, and develop tools and practices for more efficient field/office work.
- Perform survey research, be able to read and write legal descriptions.
- Understand State and local survey rules and standards.
- Make surveying decisions, document rational for training/back up purposes.
- Learn and perform research and other job-related tasks, as necessary.
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Five years of fieldwork experience, three (3) years minimum of AUTOCAD Civil 3D, and general experience dealing directly with clients and managing projects.
- Good oral and written communication skills and a proven track record of working effectively with clients and peers
- Ability to meet deadlines and also be able to multi-task and efficiently respond to changing priorities
- Professional Land Surveyor license preferred, but not required. Pursuit of professional license is encouraged.
- Post-secondary training in CAD programs is a plus.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license with driving record acceptable to Company insurance provider.
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. We are unable to sponsor a new candidate for this position.
Ben Dyer Associates, Inc. offers competitive salaries and benefits; including group medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off, holidays, and retirement, and is an equal opportunity employer.
To learn more about Ben Dyer Associates, click here.
Discover How We Can Help You with Your Next Project.
11721 Woodmore Road, Suite 200
Mitchellville, MD 20721
La Plata Office
9375 Chesapeake Street Suite 227
P.O. Box 2727
La Plata, Maryland 20646-2727
301-753-1696 Washington Metro Line
301-753-1827 Washington Metro Fax
Contact Ben Dyer Associates, Inc.