Senior Civil Engineer
Ben Dyer Associates, Inc. an established, well-respected local civil engineering, planning and surveying firm is growing! We have an immediate opening for an experienced Civil Engineer in our Mitchellville (Prince George’s County) Maryland ofiice. The selected candidate will become part of a team that provides project consulting and site planning, design, and engineering services to a wide variety of clients. Project work and responsibilities will include work for commercial, residential and government clients entailing all aspects of site development design such as grading, drainage, stormwater management, erosion and sediment control, as well as plan and permit processing and technical writing.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design of storm drain, stormwater management structures including environmental site design, and sediment and erosion control in accordance with local regulations.
- Preparation of construction documents, utilizing hydrologic and hydraulic analyses, grading plans, street improvements, street grade establishment, utilities and specifications and floodplain analysis for land development projects.
- Coordinating and obtaining approvals of construction documents from local agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- The desired candidate shall have a minimum of five (5) years of water resources experience and must be able to demonstrate intimate knowledge of and experience in the execution of water resources projects including phases of feasibility, conceptual design, construction document preparation, permitting, and construction management and documentation
- Demonstrated working knowledge of TR-20, TR-55, HEC-RAS, HEC-2, HY-8, AutoCAD/Civil 3D (Current Version), and other engineering applications
- Strong and effective oral and written communication skills
- Team player
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis, we are unable to sponsor applicants for work authorization
Ben Dyer Associates, Inc. offers competitive salaries and benefits including group medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off, holidays, and 401k retirement plan and is an equal opportunity employer.
To learn more about Ben Dyer Associates, click here.
Discover How We Can Help You with Your Next Project.
11721 Woodmore Road, Suite 200
Mitchellville, MD 20721
La Plata Office
9375 Chesapeake Street Suite 227
P.O. Box 2727
La Plata, Maryland 20646-2727
301-753-1696 Washington Metro Line
301-753-1827 Washington Metro Fax
Contact Ben Dyer Associates, Inc.