Residential: Mill Branch Estates
Ben Dyer Associates, Inc. provided civil engineering, surveying, land planning, and landscape architecture services for this residential project consisting of 38 single family homes located on 103 acres near Bowie, Maryland. Some unique factors Ben Dyer Associates, Inc. focused on in this project include:
- Three acres of land were reserved along the US Route 301 corridor for future road improvements
- The developer reserved a 40-foot-wide scenic easement along Mill Branch Road.
- Floodplain and woodland conservation easements were added along the projects western boundary to protect environmental resources.
- The subdivision is not served with public water and sewer, so Ben Dyer Associates, Inc. prepared the well and septic plans and obtained approvals for the design.
- A rural road system with bio-swales and cross driveway culverts along the perimeters of roads provides the storm drain and stormwater management systems for the project.
- The design also incorporated several culvert storm drain systems located along the common lot lines to facilitate drainage between the homes.
Ben Dyer Associates, Inc. worked with the client to ensure the design and planning of the site was created as efficiently as possible. We understand the complexities of the permitting process, especially when dealing with unique projects, and we work diligently to keep the ball rolling.
To learn more about how Ben Dyer Associates, Inc. can help get your next project started, contact us today.
Discover How We Can Help You with Your Next Project.
11721 Woodmore Road, Suite 200
Mitchellville, MD 20721
La Plata Office
9375 Chesapeake Street Suite 227
P.O. Box 2727
La Plata, Maryland 20646-2727
301-753-1696 Washington Metro Line
301-753-1827 Washington Metro Fax
Contact Ben Dyer Associates, Inc.